MFU Hiring for Events
You don’t have to be the life of the party, but you need to know how to throw one! Our Events person will coordinate all aspects of our state-wide and local events. The right candidate is organized, creative, and detail-oriented. This position has a flexible schedule and will require some weekends and travel.
The Events Coordinator/Manager provides the main point of contact and oversight for all MFU events. The main goal of each event is to engage the membership, build awareness of MFU policies and projects with the public, and drive membership.
Plans, executes and measures the impact of MFU events
Works with the MFU Team to develop event content that is relevant, useful and engaging
- Maintains a point of contact for events.
- Coordinates logistic details of MFU hosted events which range from online or 10-200 participants. Events are typically 1-3 days and held at various locations across Montana.
- National events are often coordinated by National Farmers Union (NFU) but the Events Director may be required to support NFU’s staff.
- Works closely with Communications Director and Press Relations specialist for event information and marketing.
- Collaborates with Communications and Press to provide post-event recap articles and press releases.
- Creates and maintains relationships with key event facilities, media, rural organizations to ensure MFU can support event opportunities as they arise.
- Communications, Press, and Events are expected to support each other for maximum effectiveness and provide sufficient overlap during high work-loads.
- Maintains an account of spending and provide event budgets.
- Maintains a high level of professionalism in public forums.
- Develops work priorities that align with agreed upon work time expectations.
- Has flexibility with schedule and travel.
- Performs other duties as able and assigned.
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the MFU Office at 406-452-6406.