- For Your Next Event
- Arrowpeak Camp
Book your Event Today
- Coming Up
- Montana Farmers Union
- National Farmers Union
- Farmers Are Worse Off Due to Unchecked Corporate Power, NFU’s Larew Tells Senate Judiciary Committee
- NFU Welcomes Effort to Broaden Disaster Assistance for Farmers and Ranchers
- Food Safety Spotlight: Meaningful Collaboration at IAFP
- What Biden’s Executive Order on Promoting Competition Means for Agriculture
- Youth Education
- Adult Education
- This event has passed.
MFU Women’s Conference
February 1, 2019 @ 4:00 pm - February 3, 2019 @ 10:00 am
MFU is please to announce registration is open for the 2019 Women’s Conference at Fairmont Hot Springs February 1-3, 2019. Join us for a relaxing & welcoming environment complete with workshops on personal & professional development. Here are some event highlights:
- Laura Peterson,head of federal government relations for Syngenta, will kick off the event with a talk on Ag Policy and how it relates to her work with Syngenta.
- MFU Lobbyist Cindy Palmer will provide a legislative update on the 2019 session
- Powerhouse speaker Jolene Brown will guide the group down a journey of laughter and self-discovery!
- Enjoy tours of Headframe Spirits, Butte Brewery & Montana Craft Malt.
Registration: $95/Members; $135 Nonmembers; includes meals and lodging. Register now!
Meet Our Speakers:
Laura Peterson is the Head of Federal Government and Industry Relations for Syngenta. She also assists Syngenta’s Chief Sustainability Officer in Basel, Switzerland. Before joining Syngenta, she was the Director of Federal Affairs for the National Association of Conservation Districts. Laura spent time in an agriculture lobbying firm and has experience interning in the Kansas Legislature, United States Congress and U.S. Senate Committee on the Judiciary. She is a member of the Kansas Bar and American Bar Associations and attended George Washington University Law School, where she also taught as adjunct faculty in the Undergraduate Political Science Department. Laura grew up on a family farm in Kansas and co-operates an angus cattle herd in Eastern Montana with her husband, Jess Peterson. They have two wonderful cowgirls, Cadence and Chloe and reside in Billings.
Jolene Brown is a walking-talking spokesperson and champion for the people of agriculture. She’s a farmer in Eastern Iowa, contributor to Successful Farming magazine’s popular family business column, blogger for PinkTractor.com, author of two great books and recent inductee in to the prestigious CPAE Speaker Hall of Fame. Her worldwide audiences appreciate her fun-filled spirit and valuable information.
Courtney McKee is the co-owner, co-founder and CEO of Headframe Spirits and Headframe Spirits Manufacturing in Butte, MT. Both entities are certified B Corporations. Courtney was raised in Connecticut and moved to Montana to attend the University of Montana, where she received a BA in English Literature. Passionate about Montana, Courtney came to Butte in 2001 where she owned and operated an Information Technology consulting business for a number of years before getting into the distilled spirits business.
Event Agenda:[table id=13 /]
© 2021 . Montana Farmers Union
Registration is closed for this event.