MFU organizes these educational programs for day camps and classroom instruction. Here are some examples of the educational programs we offer:
- My Favorite Pet – Where we learn all about how to take care of animals.
- Worm farming and composting – I just like this one because we all get to play in the dirt.
- Planning your garden – This lesson teaches the basics of how to set up a garden by looking at soil condition and lighting for optimum production
- Food recovery and second time around dishes – How to stretch your grocery dollars.
- Nutritional risk factors for our lives stock
- Farm Safety – Tips on how to prevent and respond in case of an emergency.Reduce, Reuse and Recycle – How to reduce waste
- Read the label – How to read the label on the chemicals you use
For a complete list of our educational programs click here. To organize a day camp in your area or to have classroom instruction provided by Montana Farmers Union please contact Vicky Jo Reeves at 406.452.6406 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.