Events & Media Position Opening
The Events & Media Coordinator provides the main point of contact and oversight for MFU event planning and assists with communications and media. The main goals of each event are to engage the membership, build awareness of MFU with the public, and ultimately encourage membership.
Candidates for this position have above average organizational skills, a growth mindset and a positive attitude. This position works closely with the Communications/Marketing Director to cultivate connection with MFU membership and Montana communities.
To plan, execute and measure the impact of MFU events.
To work with the MFU Team to develop event content that is relevant, useful and engaging.
To participate in media outreach and engagement.
- Creates a point of contact for event information.
- Coordinates logistics and details of events.
- Works closely with Communications Director and Press Relations Specialist for event information and marketing.
- Maintains a high level of communication with appropriate staff to maximize the reach of MFU events.
- Keeps an account of spending and awareness of event budgets.
- Works closely with other staff to coordinate event- related media and program media.
- Contributes to online presence through social media.
- Assists in collection, management and inventory of media assets.
- Assists in project implementation across program areas.
- Demonstrates a high level of professionalism in public forums.
- Develops work priorities that align with project expectations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Strong communication skills.
- Flexibility to work occasional weekends and some in-state travel.
- Proficiency in social media platforms.
- Some prior knowledge or understanding of agriculture is beneficial and desired.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary.
- Paid holidays.
- Flexible schedule.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to: Audra Labert, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please call with questions! 406-207-5934.