Job Summary: Camp counselors are the primary caregivers of each camper. The Counselor is responsible for planning, teaching, coordinating and carrying out activities and guiding campers in their personal growth and daily living skills. Apply Today! Contact Education Coordinator Violet Green with questions at 406-452-6406.
1. Assist in the direction, supervision, and organization of campers in their living unit, within activities and throughout camp in order to meet the intended camper outcomes.
2. Participate in the development and implementation of program activities for campers within the mission and outcomes.
3. Maintain high standards of health and safety in all activities for campers and staff.
4. Be a role model to campers and staff in your attitude and behavior.
Other Job Duties:
• Contribute to verbal and written evaluations and communication as requested.
• Participate enthusiastically in all camp activities, planning, and leading those as assigned.
• Participate as a member of the camp staff team to deliver and supervise evening programs, special events, overnights, and other all-camp activities and camp functions.
• Assist in the planning of any special events.
• Identify other tasks or duties that this position may be expected to perform but are not necessarily the primary focus of this position.
Counselors may be asked to use fire protection equipment, washers and dryers, dishwashers, and specialty program equipment. Some may be asked to drive camp vehicles.
• Must be available for all camp dates and
• Must be 18 years of age.
• Must be able to obtain or become certified
in First Aid/CPR. Training will be provided.
• Ability to interact with all age levels.
Skills & physical aspects of the job:
• Demonstrate knowledge and skill in program
• Work long hour shifts and carry 50 lbs